Use Case: SCOT™ Unit Identifies Vehicle Responsible for Property Theft, Prepares BOLO in case of return
- Posted by Vin Wiggins
- On May 29, 2018
Market – Retail / Logistics / Parking / Campus
In the early morning hours, a truck entered the loading dock area of a big box retailer. Suspects exited the truck and attempted to steal pallets by placing them into the truck.
While on active duty with security patrol monitoring activated, the Security Control and Observation Tower (SCOT™) annunciated a warning and captured photo and video footage of the crime. The suspects left the scene without completing the theft.
SCOT™ Technology Used
- Vehicle detection – SCOT™ sounded an alert when the vehicle entered the space at a monitored time where any vehicles entering the area would be considered suspicious
- LEDs – SCOT™ entered into high visibility mode to deter any criminal activity
- Long-range audio – SCOT™ issued a long-range audio alert to advise the suspects to leave immediately
- Recording of video – SCOT™’s cameras recorded video footage for future forensic use
- MAC Address capture – SCOT™ utilized its MAC Address capture technology for immediate entry into BOLO system so security is notified if the suspect shows up again
At a low cost to the retailer, SCOT™ protected property, collected evidence and set up a BOLO in case of the suspects’ return.