Helping Banks Provide a Safer, More Secure Environment
IT’S TIME TO RE-IMAGINE YOUR SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Due to the large number of transactions that occur on a daily basis at bank ATMs, it’s imperative that security cameras do more than simply document what’s happening, they should be able to autonomously respond to the events happening. In any instance where customer assets are at risk of being compromised, autonomous security responses are critical in deterring the opportunity for crime and subsequently helping law enforcement pursue the incident.
Robotic Assistance Devices (RAD) has developed a suite of hardware and software solutions that create an autonomously responding security system. As a bonus it can provide valuable messaging, promote various offers of the day, and enhance the banking experience for all. RAD solutions enable real-time deterrence to criminal acts, with non-biased autonomous engagement. This means that a RAD device can identify and respond – autonomously. Just like a guard, but without the high cost and related liabilities. Naturally, the platform includes comprehensive messaging, audio options and a host of other features in one simple to install security-in-a-box solution.
- Autonomous responses to unwanted visitors or vagrants, or to warmly welcome customers into the bank!
- A physical deterrent that is highly visible
- Create non-biased, non-discriminatory, fully-recorded autonomous and remote to situations in progress
- Provide situational awareness to on-site or off-site responders and command staff in real time – with no IT involvement
RAD’s solutions provide all this – and much more. With a device well-suited for every location indoors and outdoors, RAD solutions offer both a deterrence plus the welcome addition of taking immediate action; whether autonomously or initiated by monitoring personnel or local authorities.
BANKS HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE CUSTOMERS A SAFE EXPERIENCE WHEN ACCESSING AN ATM
The average ATM performs hundreds of transactions per month. There is nearly a half a million ATMs in the U.S. alone. That’s almost 2 billion ATM interactions per year. It’s therefore critical that the industry optimize the customer experience with ATMs to ensure a consistent, high-quality brand identity.
ATMs are and will continue to be major consumer touch points. Each machine and the safety of its surrounding thus represents a brand’s connection to its customers. And today, most people expect ATMs to be available and function seamlessly around the clock. Anything less reflects poorly on the bank.
As recent survey, Global Consumer Perspectives on ATM Safety, indicated that the presence of a security guard near an ATM was most frequently cited by respondents as the most beneficial safety measure offered by a bank. However, this solution is quite expensive and, with banks eager to cut costs, there needs to be a reasonable balance between implementing an effective solution and the costs associated with it.
RAD offers an affordable, autonomous solution to help banks present a safe and secure environment.
COMMON APPLICATIONS FOR RAD DEVICES IN A BANKING ENVIRONMENT
- Autonomous audible and visual alerts when detecting persons possibly installing ATM skimming devices
- Autonomous audible and visual alerts when detecting persons possibly loitering or inactive over a predetermined period of time
- Autonomous audible and visual alerts when detecting a person not wearing a face covering as required by bank policy, local or state regulation
- Audio and video communication between staff and bank customers
- Digital recording of surveillance area 24/7/365
BENEFITS OF DEPLOYING RAD’S AUTONOMOUS SOLUTION
- Autonomous Responses – Autonomously detect and respond to situations without the need for costly and potentially dangerous person-to-person interaction;
- Prevent Violent Confrontations – The presence of autonomous security devices can enhance the level of safety around an ATM, making it less likely that customers will be confronted by threatening offenders looking to steal their cards or cash;
- Deter ATM Skimming – RAD’s ROSA can spot and stop a potential skimming operation before it starts;
- Prevent Hidden Camera Use – Some thieves have been known to steal ATM pin numbers by using small hidden cameras. A RAD ROSA system could detect and respond to such an operation by spotting suspicious activity and hidden camera installation as it happens;
- Incident Recording of Video and Audio – The RAD unit’s cameras document the entire incident.
RAD’S SMART SECURITY DEVICES INSTALL CONFIDENCE, PERFORMANCE AND SAVINGS
NOTE: All RAD devices are designed to be easier to install and deploy, and faster to get to work, than any traditional security guard, usually within minutes. It really is as easy as plug the device in (if it requires power), activate it, and watch it go to work. All communications are handled through enhanced cellular connections, requiring no support from your IT department.
ROSA (Responsive Observation Security Agent) is a security supplemental device that includes critical autonomous responses to help simulate security personnel actions, indoors and outdoors at a fraction of the cost. The device’s 180° field of view through dual hi-resolution, full-color, always-on digital cameras provide 24/7 visibility and monitoring.
ROSA can effectively be used to recognize and deter loitering or other unwanted immobility. This device’s continually active analytics – all built-in – create an alert based on the end-users’ particular needs. An internal countdown timer is created when ROSA detects a human in its field of view, and if the identified person remains in view of the device beyond the established time, an audible alarm and alert is activated. ROSA can also be programmed to assist ATM customers that may be having difficulty with their transaction, standing in the same location in front of the unit for a prolonged period of time. ROSA’s autonomous response could be to audibly ask the customer “Do you require assistance?” The device could connect the video and audio feed to a customer service representative for help.
Furthermore, an on-duty guard or remote monitoring officer could be notified of any incident and then visually identify these individuals. Once identified, the guard could initiate an audio announcement through the ROSA device and determine if further action is appropriate.
RAD solutions will not prevent or stop all crime from occurring, but they certainly will supplement any efforts to deter, alert, apprehend and eventually prosecute offenders with reduced risk of harm and injury to all personnel, and with great reductions in cost. What these devices will provide in addition to being and extension to your security profile is a more safe and secure banking experience for all of your customers.